Nothing. SAFE makes risky behavior safer. It is NOT a failsafe. Tests results indicate a person’s status at the time of the test, not necessarily their current status, so always use condoms and common sense. The SAFE App prominently displays the date the person was last tested and length of time that has elapsed since then. SAFE simply provides an additional, important data point from which you can build your own risk assessment. Users must use their own judgment to assess the relative risk of each potential partner, much in the same way you do now (but with less information).
Articles in this section
- What does it mean to be SAFE?
- How much does the SAFE panel cost?
- What is the SAFE App and how does it work?
- What tests are included on the panel?
- Can anyone else see or look up my STD status?
- What guarantees someone hasn’t contracted an STD since their last test?
- How do I share my status?
- How is my STD status verified?
- Is the SAFE App Secure and HIPAA complaint?
- Where can I find the SAFE App?